- Seiri - organization ("sorting")
knowing where things are (e.g. suitable naming)
- Seiton - tidiness ("systemize")
A place for everything, and everything in its place; a
piece of code should be where you expect to find it
- seiso - cleaning ("shine")
keep the code clean/litter free (extra comments/commented out code, etc.)
- seiketsu - standardization
the group agrees about how to keep the workspace clean
- shutsuke - self discipline
force yourself to follow the practices!
Golden idea - build "machines" that are more maintainable in the first place rather than rushing and fixing after
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"
"We should view our code as the beautiful articulation of noble efforts of design"